By Doug Haddix
Kiplinger Program director
Now that the dust has settled, we’ve put together photo highlights from the April 2012 Kiplinger Fellowship program at Ohio State University. Special thanks to University Communications photographer Kevin Fitzsimons for his time and talent.
The group of 25 journalists traveled from around the United States, as well as Canada, Guatemala, India and Pakistan. They were selected for the weeklong program at Ohio State from nearly 400 applicants worldwide. See their professional bios.
During the intensive hands-on training, Kiplinger Fellows learned more about social media, branding, data journalism, video and other digital storytelling tools.
Speakers and trainers participating in the April program included:
* Krista Canfield, senior manager of corporate communications for LinkedIn;
* Joe Camoriano, director of national broadcast media for Ohio State University;
* Jaimi Dowdell, national training director for Investigative Reporters and Editors;
* Debra Jasper and Betsy Hubbard of Mindset Digital, a Columbus-based consulting firm specializing in social media.
* Robin J. Phillips of the Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism at Arizona State University;
* Duane Pohlman, anchor and reporter at WLKY-TV in Louisville, Ky.;
* Sree Sreenivasan, dean of student affairs at Columbia University in New York;
* Randy Walk, associate director of multimedia development at Ohio Northern University.
See the speaker bios.